Care Guide for Live Oysters / FAQ
Storage: They can be kept in their box and stored in a cool spot in your home, like the pantry or an air-conditioned room. You may also pop them in the warmest part of the fridge, like the vegetable crisper if you do choose to chill them.
As long as they are stored between 10-20 degrees, they should be fine.
There’s no need for alarm if they have a bit of warmth when you receive them. It’s quite natural in their own habitat to get full sunlight as they sit there waiting for the tide to come back in!
Do you deliver?
How long till my order gets here?
We have provided delivery ETAs based on our courier's estimated shipping times to different parts of Australia on our DELIVERY page.
Please keep in mind that the courier only provides an estimated arrival for all parcels. As with most couriers, the precise arrival of your delivery cannot be guaranteed as their driver's schedule is always changing on the road and is out of our control.
We are happy to note your request for a delivery day you had in mind however we are not able to guarantee delivery on the exact day you requested. Simply select a date on our calendar date picker before checkout and we will note this for you. Kindly note the calendar functions only as a date picker and does not guarantee nor book your delivery.
If you are having issues placing a date or finding our calendar, please use a different browser when checking out.
- Please note that for remote locations, it may take longer for the courier to deliver. Parcels headed to regional/remote addresses have to be forwarded through several depots in their network, or agents covering your area before getting to your local postie.
- For interstate and remote orders, it will be your responsibility to track your parcel closely and make sure someone is home to receive your box if you are unable to do so as we are unable to control where the postie decides to leave your parcel at your residence or if they choose to leave a card for pickup instead.
- We cannot be held liable for missing, mishandled, delayed, stolen or damaged boxes or boxes placed in unshaded areas of your property. Once your order leaves our farm and is handed to the courier, the shipment is beyond our control.
- If you have not received a card from the postie, we suggest heading to your local courier's depot or post office to inquire about your box.
- We don't recommend placing an order for any time-critical events if you are not located within the 2-Business Day Delivery coverage.
- We suggest ordering oysters good for travelling longer distances (Sydney Rocks) or using gift vouchers instead if your location is remote. (These Sydney Rock oysters last up to two weeks out of water from harvest.)
- Remote and interstate orders' estimated delivery times will constantly change in transit depending on your location and can arrive the following week, beyond the Wednesday - Friday estimate. Please anticipate delays during holidays or if you located in the Interstate/Regional Delivery areas.
- Our couriers are unable to call/email/contact you upon delivery. We strongly recommend tracking your parcel closely. If you cannot find the automated tracking notification email, kindly check your Spam folder.
- We ship interstate/regional orders early every Monday. All interstate/regional orders placed on or after Monday with requested delivery dates within the week will be sent the following Monday and your request cannot be fulfilled. Please check our Delivery page prior to requesting a delivery day.
- Please be prepared to potentially pick up your order at a courier designated location should they tag your box for pick up.
- We do not ship to PO BOX addresses.
- Please see our Delivery page, FAQ and product descriptions before ordering. Orders are non-amendable and cannot be cancelled or returned due to change of mind or delays but can be rescheduled or converted to gift vouchers prior to shipping.
Where is my order?
- We authorise all parcels to be left at a safe place unless you inform us to do otherwise. However, please prepare to pick up orders from the couriers should the postie decide your box will be unsafe to leave at your address.
- Once the box is dispatched, it is simply out of our hands and we have no control over any inevitable delays or changes to the courier's delivery schedules and therefore deliveries cannot be altered, cancelled, guaranteed or expedited. Signature Oysters are not held liable for orders arriving later than expected due to delays, damaged or lost parcels.
- Remote locations and deliveries to WA, QLD, SA and NT can be subject to additional delays which are out of our control so please bear with us. The couriers provide an ETA but cannot guarantee precise date or time of delivery.
- For lost parcels, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to assist in working with the courier to investigate the issue.
- Our guarantee goes beyond our fresh oysters. We are here to help! In the rare occurrence that the courier has confirmed the status of your parcel and is unretrievable, at our discretion, we are happy to help organise either sending a replacement for you or a gift voucher.
- Please allow up to 24-48 hours before tracking (interstate and regional locations.)
How much is shipping?
We proudly provide Australia-wide FREE SHIPPING. We dispatch oysters straight from our farm to your door, harvested on the same day and packed carefully by hand so they're guaranteed sent fresh as.
My oysters arrived warm, what do I do?
Some of my oysters are already open...
I've shucked some more, now what?
The oysters have a funny smell...
We totally get your concern. But this is no cause for alarm.
One of the culprits could be that pesky oyster from before that's remained open. Just discard that naughty oyster/s in the bin. It helps to wash the rest that have remained closed, then potentially store in your own clean container and let them air out in storage for a bit.
If you shuck the rest of your closed oysters and they look as usual but still smell funny, it is likely caused by the barnacles and tiny baby oysters on the outside of the shell. We pride ourselves on keeping what's called "the catch" off the oyster shell or at least down to a minimum...however with the rain and closures, at times, the catch may still be there every now and then.
Do you deliver shucked oysters?
Here are at our farm, we only send fresh and live oysters, unshucked and still kickin'!
You will find a couple of our helpful instructional videos on our social media pages to get you started on Shucking 101.
Contrary to popular belief, it's actually not that hard. Just some practice and you'll officially be a shucking master in no time.
Just grab an oyster knife, wrap a tea towel around your precious oyster, and shuck away!
Why are my oysters not as plump?
You may find that plumpness of oysters will vary throughout the year as the Sydney Rock oysters release their spawn as part of their natural life cycle. Being live products, no two oysters are the same and they will vary in shape, taste and appearance from time to time but does not affect quality.
Do you have gift vouchers?
We sure do! Order now and we'll send them to you via email in 24-48 hours from purchase. Ready for gifting to your mates on any holiday!